Organizing & Optimizing Information
Making content discoverable is the job of a well-constructed, robust taxonomy — and a mission-critical objective for today’s organizations.
Designed,developed,implemented,and managed effectively,a taxonomy or categorization scheme ensures people are finding and using precise information in
myriad internal data collections and websites.
Now in its 5th year, Taxonomy Boot Camp has proven to be an incredible opportunity to immerse yourself in 2 days of tightly integrated, interactive sessions
with some of the leading practitioners and thought leaders in taxonomies. Sessions and speakers will explore the state of taxonomies and the technologies involved, and challenge
you to consider how taxonomies and information organization approaches are evolving – and where you’ll fit in that future. The program highlights case studies, practical and
thought-engaging sessions on ontologies, folksonomies, taxonomies in Sharepoint, lessons learned, metrics, demonstrating value, governance, and taxonomy management.
Join others working in content management,taxonomies,knowledge management,information architecture,or any information-rich function for informative, insightful discussions.
Taxonomy Boot Camp is packed with practical advice for taxonomy specialists about tools, products, and technology for categorization
options, along with information about how to choose, develop, deploy, and maintain the right categorizer for specific business needs.
At Taxonomy Boot Camp 2009 attendees learned about:
- Creating and implementing successful taxonomies
- Enhancing your information infrastructure with the right taxonomy
- Taxonomy design concepts and strategies
- New technologies & tools and where the market is headed
- Selecting the right metadata, taxonomy approach, and tools for your environment
- Evaluating auto-categorization schemes and tools
- Managing the build, buy, or automate decision
- Working collaboratively with your content and stakeholders
- Case studies,lessons learned, and best practices
- Measuring and demonstrating the business impact and ROI
- Managing and growing a taxonomy
& Author, Search Patterns, Ambient Findability, Information Architecture, & Intertwingled