Stepping Up the Taxonomy Game
When we say taxonomy, we mean power: the power of organizing, the power of creating meaning, the power of dynamic content. Taxonomies are all about creating structures that tap into this vast potential, bringing data and information to life.
This year’s theme is all about harnessing the power of taxonomies to generate value. For those starting from scratch, it’s about starting the process to create order from chaos. For those who already a taxonomy, it’s about unlocking the next level of benefits gained by increasing scope, implementing in new systems, or starting to move towards ontologies. Taxonomy Boot Camp 2017 is focused on stepping up the taxonomy game.
About Taxonomy Boot Camp
The Taxonomy Boot Camp program is designed to provide something for everyone, from taxonomy newbies to seasoned experts (and everyone in between). Beginner sessions provide those new to the field with the nuts and bolts they need to get up-to-speed and give more experienced practitioners insight into how others have evolved their approaches. Also hear case studies, practical sessions on taxonomy tools and methods, and cutting-edge developments in the field.
Taxonomy Boot Camp is the only conference dedicated to exploring the successes, challenges, methodologies and products for taxonomies. Share your experiences, knowledge and work with taxonomies, ontologies, folksonomies, tagging mechanisms and other techniques for organizing information at this one-of-a-kind learning and networking event.
Who Should Attend
- Content managers
- Information architects
- Information professionals
- Knowledge engineers
- Information scientists
- Intranet/portal developers
- Content classification specialists
- Anyone responsible for categorizing, organizing, or managing content
What We're Talking About
- Taxonomy/ontology modeling and development best practices
- Taxonomy governance & adoption
- Techniques for maintaining taxonomies (analytics, testing, etc.)
- Information architecture and user experience (navigation, content publishing, etc.)
- Metadata modeling and management (role of taxonomy)
- Auto-categorization and other tagging techniques
- Taxonomy management/development software selection and use
What Attendees are Saying about Taxonomy Boot Camp
“Wonderfully run conference and I think Taxonomy Boot Camp especially has a welcoming feel which is great for first timers or people attending on their own. Great selection of speakers and range of topics covered.”
“All of the people at this event, organizers, speakers, exhibitors and attendees, were open, welcoming and friendly, intelligent and sure of purpose … I loved it.”